Colorado Springs PVC Roofing Installation Services
Get Your PVC Roofing Installed By Our Certified Professionals For Energy Efficient, Durable & Fire Resistant Roofing. Serving Colorado Springs & Nearby.
GET A FREE QUOTE
What Is PVC Roofing?
PVC is a type of single-ply roofing, frequently used for flat and low sloped roofs. It’s manufactured using ultraviolet-resistant polyvinyl chloride, also known as PVC. PVC is a popular material for commercial roofing projects, thanks to its strength, easy maintenance, and longevity. It also has exceptional durability, being highly resistant to fire, water, wind, and chemicals.
PVC is manufactured in different grades of thickness. A thickness of 40 or 50 milliliters is sufficient for residential properties, while a thickness of 60 to 80 milliliters is preferred for commercial projects. There are also add-ons available, like special deck shields designed to make flat PVC roofs safely walkable or membranes with added UV resistance.
If you are looking for a roofing option that can withstand harsh Colorado winters, requires little maintenance, and is environmentally friendly, PVC is a great pick.
How Is PVC Roofing Installed?
PVC comes in flexible but durable sheets. Before these are affixed, we recommend installing an insulation board. This reduces heat transfer, the process responsible for warm inside air escaping a heated building in winter and hot outside air entering an air-conditioned building in summer. Insulation saves you money by cutting your heating and cooling costs.
The PVC sheets are attached mechanically to the insulation beneath it, using heavy-duty screws and plates. These hold the sheets in place, keeping them attached to the roof and in place even in the face of Colorado’s tough elements like wind, rain, snow, hail and ice.
To bring the different sheets of PVC together, we use a hot air welder. This makes the seams, the points where the sheets of PVC meet, perfectly watertight so you have a leak free roof that will last you for many years.
What Are The Benefits of PVC Roofing?
PVC roofing has many benefits that make it such a popular choice for residential and commercial property owners that want a solid, long lasting roofing system. We go into detail on the benefits of PVC roofing below:
- Strong: PVC membranes are super resilient. The American Society of Testing and Materials has set specifications for roofing membranes, demanding a minimum breaking strength of 200 pounds per inch. With a minimum breaking strength of 350 pounds per inch, PVC surpasses this bare minimum standard significantly.
- Watertight: PVC has hot air welded seams, which creates a watertight bond even more durable than the membrane itself. PVC roofs don’t rely on adhesives or caulking to fit together. They are thus more impermeable to moisture than other types of roofing.
- Long-Lasting: PVC’s strength and stability make for excellent longevity. If correctly installed, PVC can last 20-plus years. A PVC roof is thus a worthwhile investment and can save you big money on needless roof repairs or replacements in the long term.
- Chemical Resistant: PVC is mostly chemical resistant, making it a top pick in manufacturing facilities and even restaurant kitchens. The output from grease vents may damage other roofing materials.
- Fire Resistant: PVC is also highly resistant to fire. It’s tough to ignite and burns slowly. PVC meets FM and UL standards for fire testing.
- Wind Resistant: The hot air welded seams don’t just make PVC highly water-resistant. It’s also very resistant to wind damage. PVC roofing can survive category three hurricane winds ranging from 111 to 129 miles per hour.
- Energy Efficient: PVC is highly reflective. When the sun shines down, instead of absorbing UV rays, PVC reflects them. As a result, the building doesn’t heat up as much as it would with an absorbent dark colored material meaning less air-conditioning is needed to keep the building cool inside and ultimately saving you money on cooling bills.
What Is The Typical Lifespan of PVC Roofing?
You can usually expect a properly installed PVC roof to last you at least 20 to 30 years in Colorado Springs, but obviously hail and severe weather that is common here can change that. We make sure to install every inch of your roof up to manufacturer specifications to make sure you get the best manufacturer warranty possible on your roof as well as a labor warranty for extra protection. Our goal is to provide exceptional services to our clients so you can be sure that our work will stand up next to anyone else’s.
How Much Does PVC Roofing Cost To Install?
There are many factors that go into the overall cost of having a new PVC roofing system installed, but it can be broken down pretty easily. Below are some of the factors to consider when figuring out pricing of your roof system.
- What condition is your roof in? Will it need restoration?
- What is the overall size of your roof?
- How easy will it be for roofing crews to access your rooftop?
- What type of insulation do you need?
- What type and thickness of PVC membrane do you need?
- Do you prefer a certain way of installation over another?
- How many and how difficult are the protrusions on your roof(ac units, electrical, vents, etc)
- What type of warranty are you looking for?
We're Experts At PVC Roofing Installations
Overhead Roofing of Colorado Springs specializes in residential & commercial PVC roofing system installation. We proudly serve Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas, providing durable, lasting, and cost-effective results. When you need the best quality roofing services in Colorado Springs, give us a call. We take pride in our work and offer a labor & material warranty to back it.